Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rally America

Last week the axel-bending, gravel-raising sport spectacle of Rally Car Racing touched base in Portland with a Rally America tour stop at PIR, and Hood River, Oregon. Top pro drivers Travis Pastrana, Dave Mirra, Ken Block, and Matthew Johnson where on hand, and served as open and approachable ambasadors to the sport. Day-one was media day at PIR and I was fortunate enough to be working out of Matthew Johnson's pit with the top-notch Red Bull team. Before warm-ups, Pastrana, a Red Bull athelete, stopped over to say hey and have a ride on Matt's swing bike. Before the day was over I actually found myself sitting co-pilot with pro driver Kristen Tabor, she swung me around a lap on the PIR course, sideways most of the run, that left me grinning ear-to-ear for hours. This was definitely an "I love my job" day. ;-}









No comments:

Post a Comment